Basic Policy toward the protection of customer’s Personal Information
1. Obtaining Personal Information
TMAP will, when obtaining any Personal Information, identify the purpose of use thereof and obtain it to the extent it becomes necessary and through a lawful and fair manner.
2. Handling of Personal Information
1) Usage of Personal Information
TMAP will not use any Personal Information obtained pursuant to the Clause 1 above for any purpose without obtaining prior consent from the relevant owner.
The Personal Information that TMAP has obtained shall be used for the following purposes only:
- when introducing in a commercial manner, any and all goods, services, etc. that the Toyota Motor Corporation and its Affiliates/Distributors (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Toyota”) provides;
- when conducting a survey through questionnaire for enabling Toyota to plan and develop any goods, and/or to study any measure to improve customer satisfaction, etc.;
- when conducting any and all things needed to respond to any enquiries received from any customer and to provide prompt service, etc. according to the requirements prescribed under the Personal Data Protection Act of 2012;
- for any other purposes identified when obtaining the relevant Personal Information;
- when required to comply with any provisions in any applicable laws and regulations or follow any governmental notification and/or guidelines, etc.;
- when required to disclose information while dealing emergency situations such as natural disaster, war, etc.; and
- when responding to investigation, evaluation and all matters affecting national interest.
*For purposes of this policy, the Personal Information to be provided will be as follows:Customer’s name, address, age, telephone number, vehicle information and any other information relating to customer’s counseling description.
2) Provision of any Personal Information to any Third Party
TMAP shall not provide any and all Personal Information obtained pursuant to Clause 1. above to any other Third Party without obtaining prior consent from the relevant customer, except for providing the same pursuant to 5, 6 and 7 of the Sub-clause 1) Clause 2. above, provided however, that TMAP may provide any Personal Information to any third party to the extent that is necessary to achieve the purpose thereof.
In the event that the disclosure of the Personal Information is pursuant to no. 5, 6 or 7 of the Sub-clause 1) Clause 2, TMAP shall request the recipient and/or relevant third party to handle the Personal Information in a proper manner. TMAP shall also monitor the use thereof to ensure that it will not violate any provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act of 2012.
3) Proper control of Personal Information
TMAP shall implement safety measures to prevent any and all Personal Information from being accessed in an unauthorized manner, from being lost, damaged, altered, or leaked, etc. In addition, TMAP shall endeavor to promote activities including regular training and education not only for those who will handle any Personal Information but also to all employees.
3. Enquiries, etc.
Any customer may, by following the prescribed procedures of TMAP, request TMAP to disclose to a third party any and all Personal Information which has been kept by TMAP. All requests to disclose any Personal Information shall be obtained directly from TMAP.
TMAP will be willing to take care of any enquiries and/or consultations pertaining to any Personal Information, including cases of any customer requesting to make any correction to, discontinue the use of and/or delete any Personal Information. In any event, any and all enquires or consultations from any customer shall be handled in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act of 2012 (Act 26 of 2012) of Singapore.
4. Compliance with applicable laws and regulations and improvements
TMAP will continue to make improvements in observing any applicable laws and regulations and/or any governmental notifications and guidelines so that any and all Personal Information may be handled in a proper manner. Any modification thereof will be reflected in this Basic Policy from time to time.